Support of listener routing with paths or subdomains

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at nginx.com
Tue Feb 5 13:34:17 UTC 2019

On Monday 04 February 2019 16:00:40 megatux at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>   does Unit supports paths like "*/api/v2:3000" in the listener config?
> I want to migrate incrementally API functionality between two apps.
>
> Kind regards

URI paths is a part of HTTP protocol, but the listeners config doesn't know
about protocols.  It only creates sockets and in future they can be used for
UDP/TCP streaming as well.

In 1.8 (planned for the end of February) we're going to introduce internal
routing capabilities via a new "routes" option in config.  This will allow
to route requests between applications depending on URI and other request
parameters.

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev