Looking for a smidge more info on external type applications

Max Romanov max.romanov at nginx.com
Tue Mar 26 10:46:54 UTC 2019

Hello,

There is a library (libunit) which may help you to write such external app. Unfortunately, it is not documented and can be changed in next releases, but all language modules written using this library API and you may use it too.

First, have a look at test external application in C: https://github.com/nginx/unit/blob/master/src/test/nxt_unit_app_test.c <https://github.com/nginx/unit/blob/master/src/test/nxt_unit_app_test.c> . In spite of the fact the app is useless, it will give you some clue how to start. Next thing is reading comments in main header file of this library (https://github.com/nginx/unit/blob/master/src/nxt_unit.h <https://github.com/nginx/unit/blob/master/src/nxt_unit.h>). And, of course, you may ask here, if something is still unclear or does not work as expected.

Best regards,
Max