Strange Unit failure

Peter TKATCHENKO p.tkatchenko at bimp.fr
Mon Jun 26 08:14:35 UTC 2023

On 23/06/2023 18:03, Andrew Clayton wrote:
> So this will be hard to diagnose without either a backtrace from a core
> dump or a reliable way to reproduce it.
>
> I'm not sure how to do it on FreeBSD (on Linux it's just a matter of
> editing /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern, and these days coredumps
> get piped through to systemd by default), but perhaps you can have the
> coredumps go to /var/tmp or something?
>
> Or if you have an easy way to reproduce it?
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew

This is a key problem in the debugging of this case. We don't know
exactly the reason of this problem, and we cannot reproduce it.

We had this problem at the same time on two servers so I suppose that
there was an attack at php level that crashed Unit. As we cannot
reproduce the attack - we cannot reproduce the crash.

Best regards,

Peter