Write a module to support other protocol that http

Piotr Sikora piotr.sikora at frickle.com
Mon Jun 7 10:52:51 MSD 2010

> libevent has its own limit and actually it doesn't scale very well.

Huh? Are you sure? Both nginx and libevent are only adding abstraction level
on top of existing event mechanism in your operating system (kqueue, epoll,
etc) and in the end your application calls exactly the same syscalls. I'm
pretty sure that both solutions scale exactly the same.

> I found that I can add my own modules without http and mail by adding
> source file list to CORE_MODULES, and nginx compiles ok and begins to
> server my protocol. :)

Yes, you can definitely do that.
But I would say that you're using wrong tools for this job.

Best regards,
Piotr Sikora < piotr.sikora at frickle.com >