Module context become NULL on redirect

Peter Leonov pl at programica.ru
Wed Jun 9 13:48:10 MSD 2010

Hello, devels,

got a mysterious crash in a module, that relies on request cleanup hook.
In the cleanup handler the module meets its context pointer
(via ngx_http_get_module_ctx()) zeroed-out.

The redirected request hits other location and I believe
that all contexts have to be dropped. But what could the module do
if it has some timers set on the redirected request or if the module needs
to free some memory allocated somewhere out of the request pool?

The only way I see is to double store the context in the cleanup hook.
Has somebody such a tricky issue solved this way? ;)

Thanks,
Peter.