Dynamic http upstream based on Host-Header an DNS/LDAP lookup

Mauro Stettler mauro.stettler at gmail.com
Wed May 12 06:21:39 MSD 2010

i haven't tested this. but one thing that you could check is doing the
lookups in an eval block, using the nginx mod eval. then use the reply
to select the upstream. maybe also use  the memc module to cache the
reply in memcache

http://github.com/vkholodkov/nginx-eval-module
http://github.com/agentzh/memc-nginx-module

what i don't know is how to do the lookup using dns/ldap