Does anyone plan to develop the feature of openssl' OCSP stapling?

Rob Stradling rob.stradling at comodo.com
Thu Jun 16 19:41:39 MSD 2011

On Thursday 16 Jun 2011 16:02:12 Igor Sysoev wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 02:30:55PM +0100, Rob Stradling wrote:
<snip>
> nginx is not Apache fork. I know well enough Apache 1.3 and I've got some
> ideas from Apache such as memory pools, configuration methods, processing
> phases, etc., but there is no line of Apache code.

Hi Igor.  Thanks for clarifying.

> As to OCSP, I'm going to implement it in the next 2.0 version.

I'm glad to hear that OCSP Stapling is on your radar.

I note that it took 9 years for nginx to reach v1.0.0.  Dare I ask if you have
an approximate ETA for v2.0.0?

If v2.0.0 is likely to be >1 year away, is there anything I can do to help get
support for OCSP Stapling added to the v1.0.x branch much sooner?

Thanks.

Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist
COMODO - Creating Trust Online