Fw: Use Test::Nginx with etcproxy and/or valgrind (Was Re: Test::Nginx::LWP vs. Test::Nginx::Socket)

Antoine Bonavita antoine.bonavita at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 23:52:15 MSK 2011

Hello,

I started working on 2.2 and got a first working implementation. It's
currenly in my local git repository (a clone of yours on github.com).

I actually introduced 2 variables as the commit messages explain:

A. Added support for environment variable TEST_NGINX_NO_NGINX_MANAGER (defaults
    to 0) which will disable the nginx management code (stop/config/start).
    Very useful when you want to run tests on an already running NGINX (set
    TEST_NGINX_NO_NGINX_MANAGER to 1 and TEST_NGINX_CLIENT_PORT to the
    port your running nginx is listening on).
B. Added support for environment variable TEST_NGINX_FORCE_RESTART_ON_TEST.
    Defaults to 1. Must be explicitly set to 0 to avoid restarting the nginx
    server when the config does not change between two tests.
    This also brings support for allowing config not to be set.
    This way, using TEST_NGINX_FORCE_RESTART_ON_TEST=1 with TEST_NGINX_NO_SHUFFL
    and having a config section only on the first test, you can have all tests
    use the same config.

How do you want to proceed ? Should I fork your repo, commit my
changes on my fork and send you a pull request or should I send you
patches as diff ?

I think the whole stop/config/start code could use a little
refactoring but I didn't feel like doing this as well as this point:
I'd rather have things working first, then get on the refactoring. Let
me know what you think.

Antoine.