SPDY increasing size of pages

Piotr Sikora piotr.sikora at frickle.com
Fri Aug 10 10:38:18 UTC 2012

Hey,

> (...) but I don't really think we
> want this just to be able to see better(?) numbers in logs.
> Especially keeping in mind it's just some numbers, and I don't
> think entity-body size is really better than message-body size.

But that's exactly the reason - right now $body_bytes_sent is just some
meaningless number that may or may not represent something measurable,
because part of the time it's neither the payload size (i.e. entity-body
size) nor the amount of data written to the wire and it would be nice if
this variable could be actually useful one day :)

> In case of spdy we might want to actually keep spdy as a separate
> layer and don't count it's overhead (or size reduction) at all,
> much like it's currently done for SSL.

Definitely.

Best regards,
Piotr Sikora < piotr.sikora at frickle.com >