nginx + lua and GC latency

Dirk Feytons dirk.feytons at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 09:00:34 UTC 2012

Are you talking about http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpLuaModule ?
>From what I've heard about ngx_lua people are using it in large production
environments and I haven't heard them complain about GC pauses (at least
not publicly on the mailing list). But that doesn't mean that Mike is
wrong. The Lua GC is known to not scale that well when the number of
objects increases. Whether you hit those limits can only be determined by
actually trying :)

Dirk F.