"SSL compression" config & usage when SPDY's in use?

pgndev pgnet.dev+nginx at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 18:42:19 UTC 2012

I'm running

	nginx 1.3.3 + spdy/47

SPDY's enabled and functioning.  At least it's seen in headers,
detected by browsers, etc.

In Chromium, SSL site-cert popup reports

	"The connection does not use SSL compression."

Reading

	SSL, Compression, and You
	http://www.belshe.com/2010/11/18/ssl-compression-and-you/

	Nginx memory usage with SSL
	http://www.toofishes.net/blog/nginx-memory-usage-ssl/

	http://trac.nginx.org/nginx/changeset/4186/nginx

	http://trac.nginx.org/nginx/changeset/4187/nginx

I'm a bit confused as to what the expected/preferred behavior is, re:
SSL compression,

I've built against,

	openssl version
		OpenSSL 1.0.1c 10 May 2012

so both

	SSL_OP_NO_COMPRESSION
	SSL_MODE_RELEASE_BUFFERS

are certainly available.  I understand they're disabled in nginx by
default ... just unclear what should be done, and the result with it,
when SPDY's in the loop.

should Compression be ON?  how, exactly, should that be config'd with spdy?

any comment/clarification would be appreciated.

thanks.