plans for chunked encoding

Luka Perkov nginx at lukaperkov.net
Thu Nov 22 14:15:38 UTC 2012

Hi Maxim,

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 02:17:58PM +0100, Luka Perkov wrote:

> > > Thank you.
> >
> > JFYI, chunked request body patches are available here:
> >
> > http://mailman.nginx.org/pipermail/nginx-devel/2012-November/002961.html
> >
> > Review and testing appreciated.
>
> Thank you for the patches. I'll test them this weekend (or early next
> week) and I'll give you my feedback after that.

I have started testing your patches. I'm working on dummy module for
dealing with post requests, but in the meantime I have a question.

This is the dummy post data:

$ cat > /tmp/post_data << EOF
test post data
EOF

This is what I have tested:

$ curl -v -X GET http://127.0.0.1:80/

Returns 404 in headers and html body as expected.

$ curl -v -X POST -d "@/tmp/post_data" http://127.0.0.1:80/

Returns 404 in headers and html body as expected.

$ curl -v -X POST -d "@/tmp/post_data" --header "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" http://127.0.0.1:80/

Returns 404 in headers and html body as expected.

$ curl -v -X POST -d "@/dev/null" http://127.0.0.1:80/

Returns 404 in headers and html body as expected.

$ curl -v -X POST -d "@/dev/null" --header "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" http://127.0.0.1:80/

Returns 404 in headers but 500 in html body. Is this how it's supposed to be ?

Luka