plans for chunked encoding

Luka Perkov nginx at lukaperkov.net
Fri Oct 19 14:07:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm working on a module that needs to handle POST requests by looking at
the body. Thing is that some clients are sending chunked-encoded
messages. I can not use HttpChunkinModule to get the body data because
this module implements its own request body reading mechanism:

http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpChunkinModule#Known_Issues

In that case my module does not see request body :/

I have seen that reading chunked-encoded POSTs is on the roadmap:

http://trac.nginx.org/nginx/roadmap

I'm wondering if there is any work done on this already ? If so I could
test some patches...

By the way module will be released as GPLv2 once it's finished.

Regards,
Luka