pls. help for adding another parameter to ngx_upstream_server

Vladimir Homutov vl at nginx.com
Fri Nov 15 09:42:07 UTC 2013

> [emerg] 3848#0: invalid parameter "setfib=5" in /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf:18
>
> The line 18 of nginx.conf contains setfib=5 (see (a) above.)

can you please show full configuration?

> This "uscf->flags" has been set in the function
>        ngx_http_upstream() at line 4434;

you are expected to enable specific flags in each balancing module that support
it. For example, ip_hash module doesn't support 'backup' flag and thus does
not set 'NGX_HTTP_UPSTREAM_BACKUP' in ngx_http_upstream_ip_hash().

I suggest that you have specified something different from the default balancer
and thus got this error, since your patch doesn't allow this parametr in it.