Patch: Prevent crit error being loggged on delete of non-existent file

Steven Hartland steven.hartland at multiplay.co.uk
Tue Nov 19 17:36:51 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "Maxim Dounin" <mdounin at mdounin.ru>
To: <nginx-devel at nginx.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:52 PM
Subject: Re: Patch: Prevent crit error being loggged on delete of non-existent file

> Hello!
>
> On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 04:43:54PM -0000, Steven Hartland wrote:
>
>> Hi guys the attached patch prevents http file cache from
>> logging a critical error when a file delete fails due to
>> it not existing, which I'm sure was never the intention.
>
> Why you think it's not an intention?  If a file doesn't exists
> but nginx tries to delete it - it means that nginx has wong notion
> of what is on disk.  It's certainly a problem which deserves
> logging.

I can understand that being an issue when you tried to access
the file from the cache, but thats not where it gets logged
only on delete and as your deleting it why worry if its not
there?

In specific use case here is a manual cache purge which has occured
deleting all files in the directory, which admittely isnt ideal,
but appart from the critical error being logged on delete
everything appears to be working fine.

    Regards
    Steve