couple questions regarding log phase handlers

Yichun Zhang (agentzh) agentzh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 22:49:52 UTC 2014

Hello!

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 1:49 PM,  bsfranks wrote:
> Also, is the log phase resumable?  It looks like all the log phase handlers
> are looped through in
> ngx_http_log_request() called from ngx_http_free_request().  However, return
> codes are not checked.  Was hoping for a way to return NGX_AGAIN from within
> the log phase so that it could be resumable rather than blocking.  Possible?

In the context of ngx_lua, we use nginx timers as a work around. For
instance, the lua-resty-logger-socket library uses this work-around
and we've been using it to *reliably* collect nginx logs over sockets
in production:

    https://github.com/cloudflare/lua-resty-logger-socket#readme

EAGAIN and etc are properly handled there.

Regards,
-agentzh