Difference between NGX_DIRECT_CONF and NGX_MAIN_CONF

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Fri Jun 6 11:52:58 UTC 2014

Hello!

On Fri, Jun 06, 2014 at 10:38:33AM +0800, liubin wrote:

> Hello:
>
> 	Who can tell me  the Difference between NGX_DIRECT_CONF and NGX_MAIN_CONF ?
>
> 	If a command is NGX_DIRECT_CONF,it must be NGX_MAIN_CONF?

The NGX_MAIN_CONF specifies context of the directive.

The NGX_DIRECT_CONF flag for NGX_MAIN_CONF directives means that
the configuration should be access directly (as created with
create_conf callback), instead of passing an indirect pointer to a
directive handler (allowing the directive handler to create the
configuration itself).

As of now, the NGX_DIRECT_CONF flag make sense for NGX_MAIN_CONF
directives only.