Buffers Chain

Paulo Silva pauloasilva at gmail.com
Fri May 23 10:57:20 UTC 2014

there is other option than modify the auto/modules file?

According to my goal (capture the full request response body) I would
say that my module must run right before the postpone.
Am I supposed to modify the auto/modules like follows?

if [ $HTTP_POSTPONE = YES ]; then
    HTTP_FILTER_MODULES="$HTTP_FILTER_MODULES $HTTP_POSTPONE_FILTER_MODULE"
    HTTP_SRCS="$HTTP_SRCS $HTTP_POSTPONE_FILTER_SRCS"
fi

# insert my module here!

if [ $HTTP_SSI = YES ]; then
    have=NGX_HTTP_SSI . auto/have
    HTTP_FILTER_MODULES="$HTTP_FILTER_MODULES $HTTP_SSI_FILTER_MODULE"
    HTTP_DEPS="$HTTP_DEPS $HTTP_SSI_DEPS"
    HTTP_SRCS="$HTTP_SRCS $HTTP_SSI_SRCS"
fi

I did check my modules config file and I did realize that it is
"queued" as HTTP_AUX_FILTER_MODULES. There are different queues for
core modules and addons?

May thanks for your time.
A definitive guide to nginx (modules) development would be a best-seller ;)

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 11:20 AM, Maxim Dounin <mdounin at mdounin.ru> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 10:23:38AM +0100, Paulo Silva wrote:
>
>> @Maxim: nice hints, thanks.
>>
>> Let me ask you about filters order. To get the contents that will be
>> sent to client, I want to run my body_filter right before the gziping.
>> How to accomplish that or if it is even possible
>>
>> I am worried that copying the buffers content the original ones can be
>> yet modified by other filters and than I will log an outdated copy.
>
> Try looking into auto/modules.
>
> --
> Maxim Dounin
> http://nginx.org/