[Patch] SO_REUSEPORT support from master process

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Oct 8 12:58:48 UTC 2014

Hello!

On Tue, Oct 07, 2014 at 07:32:08PM +0000, Lu, Yingqi wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> It has been quiet for a while on this patch. I am checking to
> see if there is any questions/feedbacks/concerns we need to
> address?
>
> Please let me know. Thanks very much for your help!

Apart from style/coding issues, I disagree with the whole
approach.

As far as I understand the patch idea, it tries to introduce
multiple listening sockets to avoid in-kernel lock contention.
This is something that can be done completely in kernel though,
and I see no reason to introduce any changes to nginx here.

The approach previously discussed with Sepherosa Ziehau looks much
more interesting.