Igor's post about nginx from this morning

Sarah Novotny sarah at nginx.com
Tue Apr 14 18:31:32 UTC 2015

Hello All,

If you haven’t seen Igor’s post from today, yet, it’s worth a read.  Here’s a teaser --

> The next 12 months herald some major new features for NGINX Open Source. The stories about NGINX and JavaScript will be realized - I have a working prototype of a JavaScript VM that is highly optimized for NGINX’s unique requirements and we’ve begun the task of embedding it within NGINX Open Source.
>
> Our community of module developers is vital to the success of NGINX in the open source world. We know it’s not as easy as it could be to develop for NGINX, and to address that situation, we’re beginning the implementation of a pluggable module API in the next couple of months. Our goal is to make it simpler for our developer community to create and distribute modules for NGINX, giving users more choice and flexibility to extend the NGINX open source core. We’re also establishing a developer relations team to help support the community in this transition.
>
> You may already have read our plan to support HTTP/2 in NGINX Open Source. We appreciate how important it is to our users that we continue to support the innovations that others are making in our space, and our HTTP/2 support will of course build on the successful SPDY implementation that has been used by a number of sites.

The rest is here —  http://nginx.com/blog/nginx-open-source-reflecting-back-and-looking-ahead/

As always, NGINX’s continued growth and success is thanks to you all in the user and developer communities.  If you have any questions about the developer relations team, please feel free to reach out.

Sarah