Fwd: Windows shmem fix: makes shared memory fully ASLR and DEP compliant (ea. cache zone, limit zone, etc.)

Sergey Brester serg.brester at sebres.de
Wed Apr 22 07:45:45 UTC 2015

Hi,

enclosed you will find an attached changeset, that fixes a ASLR/DEP
problem on windows platforms (example Win 7/2008 x64).

To find shared addr offset with ASLR, we have successful used the same
resp. similar solution on various open source projects (ex.: postgresql
etc.). Also nginx with suggested patch works fine over 5 months in
production on several machines (Win-2k8-R2).

BTW(1): I have interest to fix a problem with multiple workers under
windows (ex.: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,188714,188714#msg-188714
[1]).
@Maxim Dounin: can you possibly give me more information, what you mean
here, resp. what it currently depends on (see
http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,188714,212568#msg-212568 [2]).

BTW(2): I would like to fix iocp under windows also. Thanks in advance
for any information about.

P.S. speak fluently russian and german...

Regards,

Serg G. Brester (sebres)

Links:
------