Trying to understand benchmarking results

Sergey Brester serg.brester at sebres.de
Wed Apr 29 17:08:39 UTC 2015

Hi,

Dynamic content? You can measure static also (exapmle URL to any image),
to see difference to your another test.

So if it is fast enough, your post does not apply to nginx (so check
your backend / upstream and please contact manufacturer of it).

In addition to database, hdd, cpu etc, it can be "ab" self:

- "ab" does not support http 1.1 (so it can be for example not
keep-alive - too many connections);
- sometimes "ab" can not correctly measure non 200 requests (I don't
remember what it was) - and all your requests are non 200 (not OK);

Can you test it again with something else, for example wrk [5] or siege
benchmark [6]?

Regards,

sebres.

[2] http://dreamfactory.com/publications/comparison.png