Workaround of race condition between systemd and nginx.

Gena Makhomed gmm at csdoc.com
Wed Dec 30 16:50:49 UTC 2015

On 30.12.2015 18:09, Jim Popovitch wrote:

>> nginx now requires configured and up network, before starting daemon.

> Specifically it's your configuration.
> You are hardcoding an IP address to bind to
> thereby telling nginx to not start until that IP is active.

Do you know how nginx and systemd work right now?
You understand race condition between nginx and systemd?

> That will prevent nginx from staring in situations where systemd
> determines that the external network is not yet active (dhcp, etc.,
> etc), yet nginx may still run perfectly fine with split interfaces,
> localhost, etc.

You say, what nginx should work fine if no network available,
I say what nginx *must* work fine if network *IS* available.

So, I need create my own fork, for example, nginx-fixed,
which I can use with OpenVZ and CentOS 7.2 templates?

You can provide better solution for this systemd / nginx race condition?
Your solution is "forbid nginx users write IP adresses is nginx config"?

This is official decision of main open core nginx/nginx-plus developers?

--
Best regards,
  Gena