automated portable sanity tests for nginx

Alexey Melezhik melezhik at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 17:48:07 UTC 2015

Hi all!

I have created a simple test suite for nginx sanity checks:

- install nginx from source code
- install/run fast cgi service
- configure/run nginx
- check if nginx proxies fast server correctly
- check nginx landing page is accessible

This is automated test suite written on SWAT - bash/perl DSL for web
application smoke testing.
To install and run checks are as simple as installing curl and then
installing swat::nginx cpan module:

sudo apt-get install curl
sudo cpanm swat::nginx

swat swat::nginx # run tests

For real integration example  please take a look at travis job -
https://travis-ci.org/melezhik/nginx-swat-test/builds

SWAT home page - https://github.com/melezhik/swat
SWAT/nginx test suite page -
https://github.com/melezhik/swat-packages/tree/master/nginx

PS I someone found this interesting we could talk about further
project evolution ( more test cases, etc )

Regards.

Alexey