Stream Module Variables

Yichun Zhang (agentzh) agentzh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 00:13:07 UTC 2016

Hello!

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 3:37 PM, SplitIce wrote:
> I have been taking a look at the Stream modules for use in a particular
> application. I noticed the entire subsystem lacks any variable support.
>
> Is variable support planned?
> Is there a significant reason for the omission?

+1

I'm also looking forward to NGINX variable support in the "stream" subsystem.

I'm currently emulating some of the builtin NGINX variables of the
"http" subsystem in my ngx_stream_lua_module on the Lua land, like
$pid, $connection, $remote_addr, $server_addr, and etc:

    https://github.com/openresty/stream-lua-nginx-module#nginx-api-for-lua

Actually I'm also looking for "send_timeout", "send_lowat",
"resolver", "resolver_timeout", "lingering_close", "lingering_time",
"lingering_timeout", "postpone_output" and etc directives in the
stream {} context so that each of my stream typed NGINX modules do not
have to re-invent these over and over again.

Best regards,
-agentzh