Already loaded NGINX modules

Yichun Zhang (agentzh) agentzh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 06:44:55 UTC 2016

Hello!

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Piotr Sikora wrote:

> That doesn't really answer my question: which version (statically
> linked or dynamic) of the module should we use at runtime if both are
> present... and why?

For portable NGINX-based applications, for example, we only want to
ensure that some modules are *present*, like ngx_http_lua_module, and
we do not care about whether it is linked statically or dynamically.
We are only concerned about its presence. If the modules we need are
not statically linked, we want to dynamically load them. It's this
simple :) I don't think it's reasonable to use a dynamic version of a
module if it is already statically linked, is it?

Best regards,
-agentzh