Already loaded NGINX modules

Yichun Zhang (agentzh) agentzh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 16:50:25 UTC 2016

Hello!

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 3:42 AM, Maxim Dounin wrote:
> If there is no need to load a module - there should be no
> load_module directive in the configuration.  Everything else is
> likely to cause confusion.

The problem is that when we prepare nginx configurations for others,
we may have no idea how about how a particular set of modules are
built on the user side.

> This is very similar to duplicate directives in configuration -
> and duplicate directives are rejected by nginx, for the same
> reasons.

Not really similar because the nginx configuration writer definitely
knows if he uses duplicate directives in his own nginx.conf but he can
hardly know how the nginx binary on the user side is built since
nginx.conf has no such information nor has a way to detect it in
nginx.conf itself.

Best regards,
-agentzh