Dynamic module search paths?

Yichun Zhang (agentzh) agentzh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 16:54:02 UTC 2016

Hello!

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 3:34 AM, Maxim Dounin wrote:
> I don't like this idea.  We already have two prefixes in nginx,
> and this is 1 more than it should be.
>
> If needed, a symbolic link from prefix can be used to point nginx
> to appropriate place.

Thanks for the work-around. But it has the following drawbacks:

1. The portable applications' directories would be tainted by symlink
files which are system specific.

2. It won't work on systems lacking symlink support, like on Windows.

Okay, if you guys really dislike the idea of configurable module
search paths, how about just continuing searching the original
installation prefix after searching the current server prefix
specified by the -p command-line option fails? As you've said, we
already have two prefixes, then let's search both! :)

Thanks for your attention.

Best regards,
-agentzh