[nginx] dso

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Jun 15 20:15:11 UTC 2016

Hello!

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 01:28:36AM +0800, 洪志道 wrote:

> Assume Now it runs well, then I change nginx source code, should I compile
> the module files again?
> It seems It will get wrong when new nginx rpm run together with old so
> files.

Obviously enough, changes to nginx source code can introduce API
and/or ABI incompatibilities and modules needs to be recompiled if
it's the case.

For normal users following releases, there is a version check when
the particular nginx version, and will refuse to load the module
if the version doesn't match.

If you are a developer and you are doing some local changes
to nginx sources - version check in question won't help (as the
version stays the same) and you are responsible to recompile nginx
and modules if there are any API/ABI changes introduced.