Implement support for serving growing files

Tommy Lindgren tommy.lindgren at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 10:38:59 UTC 2017

Hi,

I want nginx to serve growing files, i.e. if mtime was changed recently
the response transfer-encoding should be chunked and when nginx hits EOF
it waits a bit to see if more data is written to the file. Any new data
is transparently written to the client. When file hasn't been updated
for X seconds, the request is closed.

As far as I can tell there's no such support. Any hints how to implement
this? Can I solve this using a header/body filter module? Or I need some
kind of streaming-ish module? Any existing module that is suitable to
use as a starting point?

Thanks,
Tommy