coredump in 1.10.3

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Mar 13 13:22:47 UTC 2017

Hello!

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 03:06:17PM +0200, George . wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We've found two different coredumps in production machines running 1.10.3
> handing ssl and http v2 traffic.
>
> Here is the backtrace of version compiles with -O0 -g -ggdb
>

> warning: exec file is newer than core file.
> [New LWP 28665]
> Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
> Core was generated by `nginx: worker process          '.
> Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> #0  0x00000000004aeecc in ngx_http_v2_state_window_update (h2c=0x32c8aa0,
> pos=0x31a52fa "", end=0x31a5314 ")�") at src/http/v2/ngx_http_v2.c:2216
>
> warning: Source file is more recent than executable.
> 2216        ngx_queue_remove(q);

Note: the warning here suggests that the core file is from a
different executable.  The backtrace provided is likely incorrect.
Try to reproduce the problem with the current executable to get a
proper backtrace.

It might be also be a good idea to look into "nginx -V" output and
the configuration (first of all, to make sure there are no 3rd
party modules used; if there are any - try to reproduce the
problem without them), as well as to check if you are able to
reproduce the problem with the latest mainline version.