Fwd: Proposal: Change folder for PHP CGI scripts

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Feb 5 16:08:06 UTC 2018

Hello!

On Sun, Feb 04, 2018 at 07:53:39PM +0100, Benedikt Roßgardt via nginx-devel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When using the default configuration from the nginx.conf file, I
> was running into "File not found" issues. The problem for me was
> that the default configuration is pointing to the /script folder
> instead of my document root.
>
> Maybe there is a reason for it, but I propose to use the root
> document folder instead.

The example configuration in question is just an example, and it
assumes scripts are in the /scripts folder.  In particular, it
demostrates that php scripts can be stored in a folder distrinct
from the document root.

For a typical configuration where php scripts are located under
the document root there is a fastcgi.conf include file, which
combines fastcgi_params and "fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME
$document_root$fastcgi_script_name".