[patch]: document SHA-2 support in glibc crypt()

Leonid Evdokimov leon at darkk.net.ru
Tue Feb 13 12:08:53 UTC 2018

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 8:29 PM, Maxim Dounin <mdounin at mdounin.ru> wrote:
> The paragraph in question is expected to say that nginx uses the
> crypt() function as provided by system libraries.  If it is not
> clear, we can consider improving the wording,

Yep, I think that it would be perfect to mention libc somewhere,
because `crypt()` is really loaded with possible interpretations.

Maybe something like "the crypt() function from libc", "system crypt()
function" or "native crypt() function" will be a bit more explicit.
Probably, system-specific examples are not useful in this case.

--
WBRBW, Leonid Evdokimov, xmpp:leon at darkk.net.ru http://darkk.net.ru
tel:+79816800702