Module executed w/o directive in config

Mark Sellers msellers at ranchmed.com
Thu Jan 3 16:46:30 UTC 2019

I am building a simple module that does a uri rewrite (not using the rewrite module). The module directive is fastimg_rewrite with no parameters.

I build the code, including the module.

When attempt to access any url, I get an error in the log:

*1 rewrite or internal redirection cycle while internally redirecting to "/images/bar/index.html”

Funny thing is, I have not added the directive to my config file yet!

Q1: Directive not in config - why is my module executing?
Q2: What does this error  message indicate? I do want to redirect to “/images/bar/index.html”!!

Here is the config file:

server {
   listen 192.168.1.101:80;
   server_name dev.static.ranchmed.com <http://dev.static.ranchmed.com/>;