cache: move open to thread pool

Ka-Hing Cheung kahing at cloudflare.com
Tue Jan 22 18:20:56 UTC 2019

Hi Maxim and Roman,

We've been running a version of your patches in our test colo for the
past week with no ill effects, with the caveat that it's difficult to
measure performance impacts in our test colo because of varying
traffic. We had to massage the patches a bit because we don't run
vanilla nginx. Also we've only tried with open file cache disabled.

Let me know if you are looking for other feedback.

- Ka-Hing