Patch Submission Rules?

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Jun 4 18:08:40 UTC 2019

Hello!

http://nginx.org/en/docs/contributing_changes.html?

> discovered a nasty evil race condition with pidfiles and how NGINX
> handles them vs. SystemD downstream in Ubuntu with single-core
> containers and VMs and systems where the nginx service has some
> fail-to-run problems due to some PIDfile headaches, and the one who
> wrote the patch wants to submit it for consideration or at least to
> spark some discussion on potentially handling the fixes.

Likely discussed in this thread (in Russian):

http://mailman.nginx.org/pipermail/nginx-ru/2017-November/060604.html

TL;DR: the "systemd: PID file ... not readable (yet?) after start"
messages are harmless and can be safely ignored.  Some patches can
be seen here:

http://mailman.nginx.org/pipermail/nginx-ru/2017-November/060628.html
http://mailman.nginx.org/pipermail/nginx-devel/2017-November/010658.html

Both rejected.