Nginx Responds 400 After 59 Seconds

Nicole Chen weian.chen at fivestars.com
Tue Dec 29 17:12:27 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I have a nginx server running as a container in a pod behind an ELB and in
front of a uwsgi container (so client request -> AWS ELB -> nginx ->
uwsgi).

My ELB times out at 60 seconds. Recently I noticed some requests log a 400
at the nginx layer after 59 seconds ... I'm not sure what could be the
cause for the 400. The closeness of the timeout value seems interesting.

Has anyone encountered something similar before? Or have pointers on how to
investigate?

It seems my error_logs log to stderr, so I'm not able to retrieve past
error logs.

Thanks!