HTTP/3 with multiple server blocks

Jonny Barnes jonnybarnes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 20:00:42 UTC 2020

If I understand the link correctly, I want to only set options on the
`default_server`.

So I know have three vhosts setup, the first is a generic https redirector
and looks like:
>server {
>    listen 80;
>    listen [::]:80;
>    return 301 https://$host$request_uri;
>}

The next starts:
>server {
>    listen 443 http3 default_server reuseport;
>    listen [::]:443 http3 default_server reuseport;
>
>    listen 443 ssl http2;
>    listen [::]:443 ssl http2;
>
>    server_name foo;
>
>    add_header Alt-Svc '$http3=":443"; ma=15';

And the second:
>server {
>    listen 443;
>    listen [::]:443;
>
>    server_name bar;
>
> add_header Alt-Svc '$http3=":443"; ma=15';

The nginx config test passes, but everything is served over HTTP/2.

Is there something obvious I’m missing here?