Subrequest without returning to nginx

Alfred Sawaya alfred at huji.fr
Tue May 4 14:11:34 UTC 2021

Hello,

I am currently converting an Apache module to Nginx. This module uses
subrequests and needs (for now) to execute the subrequest without
unwinding the stack (ie without returning to nginx).

I tried to call ngx_http_run_posted_requests by hand, but it does not
work as the upstream socket needs to get polled some time.

So I wonder, is there any way to do this ?

Of course I know that I shouldn't do it like this, but the current
module is not reentrant and poorly architectured. I will eventually
refactor it but later.

Thanks,