Should continue when ngx_quic_bpf_group_add_socket failed with adding one socket during reloading

Vladimir Homutov vl at nginx.com
Wed Oct 13 08:15:04 UTC 2021

13.10.2021 09:46, Gao,Yan(媒体云) пишет:
> ngx_quic_bpf_module_init:
> Should continue when ngx_quic_bpf_group_add_socket failed with adding one socket during reloading?
>
> Gao,Yan(ACG VCP)

Hello Gao Yan,

this is a hard question. I would say that only valid reason to
fail there is if you hit some kernel limits. Otherwise it is some
bug in code that should be fixed. If you fail to add sockets into
map on reload, you end up in inconsistent state anyway, and
there is not much you can do, but restart nginx completely.

I hope this helps.