nginx crash

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Thu Jul 28 03:05:33 UTC 2022

Hello!

On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 08:40:41AM -0700, Dk Jack wrote:

> In my code I am not modifying the reference count. Could you let
> me if there any function calls if invoked would indirectly
> update the reference count?

There are quite a few functions and/or return codes which might
indirectly modify request reference counter, including the
ngx_http_internal_redirect() function (which increments reference
count and assumes it is decremented by further processing),
request body reading code (which increments reference counter and
assumes it is decremented by the body handler) and
ngx_http_finalize_request() (which is normally used to decrement
reference counter).  Further, lack of explicit reference counting
might be the issue if you are trying to do something non-trivial,
and, for example, calling functions which might indirectly
finalize the request.  That's why I've suggested to review the
code logic in the first place.