SSL contexts reuse across locations

Pavel Pautov P.Pautov at F5.com
Thu Jun 16 08:26:48 UTC 2022

Looks like, we've made a full circle then... I've replied to that suggestion already and in last e-mail (with patch) I note that moving additional logic into the ngx_http_proxy_set_ssl() has its own drawbacks, but I can certainly move more stuff into it.

So do you envision something like "ngx_http_proxy_set_ssl(cf, conf, prev, reuse_ssl)"? As previously we've established that directives merging stays out of ngx_http_proxy_set_ssl (and reuse_ssl calculation has to happen before it).