Wrong documentation about fastcgi_param...

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Sun May 29 01:45:06 UTC 2022

Hello!

On Sat, May 28, 2022 at 12:38:45PM +0000, Dimitri via nginx-devel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> for a few hours yesterday i've had the Problem "FastCGI sent in
> stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header
> from upstream".
>
> I use PHP-FPM with chroot and know about the
> configuration-problems with wrong "fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME
> ...", which you can find on the internet.

[...]

> But these directive WAS SET in the example.conf, so why nginx
> does not behave as stated in the docs?
> Why nginx uses the global SCRIPT_FILENAME-setting, although
> these setting is on the "current level" in example.conf?

don't want to suggest a patch, but rather need help with
understanding what goes wrong in your nginx configuration and how
to configure nginx properly, please use the nginx@ mailing list
instead.

(Note though that you may want to provide more details - in
particular, full configuration you are trying to use.  Note well
that the location configuration you've tried to use will only send
the SCRIPT_FILENAME param to PHP, without any other parameters.
This will certainly break PHP-FPM, but will result in 200 with an
empty body, not 404.  So probably there is more than one issue in
your configuration.)

Thank you.