directio

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Fri Jul 25 11:25:45 MSD 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 10:12:23AM +0400, Igor Sysoev wrote:

> Патч добавляет директиву directio, разрешающую использовать O_DIRECT
> для файлов больше указанного размера:
>
> directio 4m;
> directio 0;  # запрещает O_DIRECT, default
>
> Можно ставить на уровне http/server/location.
> Возможно, имеет смысл выключить sendfile.
>
> O_DIRECT, по идее, должно улучшать скорость отдачи больших файлов
> и ухудшать - небольших.

Под FreeBSD, возможно, имеет смысл подкрутить

# Attempt to bypass the buffer cache and put data directly into the
# userland buffer for read operation when O_DIRECT flag is set on the
# file.  Both offset and length of the read operation must be
# multiples of the physical media sector size.
#
options         DIRECTIO

# Specify a lower limit for the number of swap I/O buffers.  They are
# (among other things) used when bypassing the buffer cache due to
# DIRECTIO kernel option enabled and O_DIRECT flag set on file.
#
options         NSWBUF_MIN=120

--
Игорь Сысоев