mp4 module

Igor Sysoev igor на sysoev.ru
Чт Сен 29 17:46:09 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 01:44:29PM -0400, arty777 wrote:
> Игорь , я почитал , и сделал вывод если
> атом в конце - то юзать буржуйский
> nginx_mod_h264_streaming-2.2.7, который понимает
> вариации расположения атома .... в
> начале / в конце ....
>  Позиция принципиальная в отношении
> расположении атома , и работы с ним
> вашего модуля?

http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_mp4_module.html

If a file is well-formed (with metadata at the beginning of a file),
nginx just sends back the contents of a file. Otherwise, it has to
read the file and prepare a new stream so that metadata comes before
media data. This involves some CPU, memory, and disk I/O overhead,
so it is a good idea to prepare an original file for pseudo-streaming,
rather than having nginx do this on every such request.

--
Igor Sysoev