Setting up HTTP Basic Authorisation

T Gillett tgillett1 at powerup.com.au
Wed Dec 6 16:15:36 MSK 2006

Igor Sysoev <is at ...> writes:

> It seems I found the bug. If the "test:cgsk91HyOZHGE" is the single
> line in th efile and has no the carridge return or the line feed
> characters (if you edit file in the joe editor), then nginx does
> not understand the hash.
>
> Igor Sysoev
> http://sysoev.ru/en/

Igor
This doesn't appear to be the problem in this case.

The htpassword file actually has two lines as follows:
admin:cgwvsHpJSf6XU
test:cgsk91HyOZHGE

followed by two empty lines (carriage returns).
I copied the admin line from etc/passwd and checked the password encryption
with the perl script.
Authorisation fails for both admin and test logins.
Terry