Setting to turn off buffering of file uploads to proxy backends?

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Sat Dec 30 10:41:50 MSK 2006

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:

> 	Is there any way to get a config setting in nginx to turn off
> buffering of file uploads to proxied backeds? I woudl really like to be able
> to use mongrel_upload_progress to do upload progress bars in rails
> applications. Right now there seems to not be a way to turn off buffering of
> file uploads when the handler is a proxy backend.
>
> 	Is there a way to turn this off? Coudl you please add one? Apache2.2
> and lighty both support non buffered file uploads to proxied backends and it
> would be great if nginx could support this as well.

No, currently nginx always buffer uploads.
I have plan to add 1) non-buffered uploads and 2) filters that allow
to show the upload progress bar using nginx.

Apache and lighttpd support non-buffered uploads only.
nginx was developed as accelerator to minimize a backend interaction time
with a client, so my initial plans did not include the non-buffered uploads.

Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/