Keep client ip address

Guillermo Fernandez Castellanos guillermo.fernandez.castellanos at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 23:57:44 MSK 2006

Hi,

Thanks Aleksandar and Igor for your answers.

Eventually I've removed all references to real_ip, added those lines:
            proxy_set_header        Host             $host;
            proxy_set_header        X-Real-IP        $remote_addr;
            proxy_set_header        X-Forwarded-For  $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
and defined a new log format for my apache server with %{X-Forwarded-For}i

And it works like a charm.

I don't know if changing the log format is the cleanest solution, but
for my simple setup mod_rpaf is a bit overkill and the log change just
works (kiss).

Concerning the compilation options, I have to admit I've used an
Ubuntu precompiled package at http://deb.wapper.ru/nginx/. Hopefully
nginx will quickly be integrated into Ubuntu, you definitively deserve
it (it's in feisty, a bit far yet...).

I've been surprised by how quickly I got a (correct and helpful)
answer. Again, thanks a lot.

Happy new year,

Guille