Turn off file upload buffering?

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 23:46:47 MSK 2006

On Nov 7, 2006, at 12:35 AM, Igor Sysoev wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Nov 2006, Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:
>
>> 	I am running mongrel behind nginx proxy and I am doing upload
>> progess with mongrel. I need to know how to turn off ngxin file
>> upload buffering. Right now nginx buffers the entire file upload
>> to a tmp file before it sends it on to the proxied backend. Is
>> there a way to turn this off so that nginx just does a pass
>> through and lets the backend take care of buffering the file
>> upload to disk?
>
> Currently nginx always buffer an upload because
> 1) it is accelerator
> 2) and to support fault tolerance: if some backend fails, nginx can
> resend
>    the upload to next backend.
>
> I plan to add the upload progress module.
>

> Igor Sysoev
> http://sysoev.ru/en/

	Ok thanks for the info Igor. Is there anything I can do to help get
the upload progress support in quicker? Maybe sponsor the
development? Our customers really need a way to do upload progress
and we use purely nginx and mongrel. I have custom mongrel extension
that supports upload progress right in mongrel already, so is there
no way to get an option for nginx to pass through the uploaded file?
Or would that be too hard to add?

Thanks for your time-

-- Ezra Zygmuntowicz
-- Lead Rails Evangelist