Problem with nginx config proxying to mongrel

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Tue Nov 14 15:57:39 MSK 2006

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, Saimon Moore wrote:

> Of course that was it. I'm extremely embarrased to have bothered the list
> with this but I suppose the old saying "Two pairs of eyes are better than
> one" is very valid in this case.
>
> Many thanks for your efforts.

Some comment on config at http://pastie.caboo.se/22547

Line 29:
Change "http_x_forwarded_for" to "$http_x_forwarded_for".

Line 54:
There is no "text/js" mime-type.
Use "application/x-javascript" instead.

Line 77:
You do not need this
       if (-f $request_filename/index.html) {
           rewrite (.*) $1/index.html last;
           break;
       }

because the same check is at line 90.

> P.S. Igor, do you know why activating rewrite_log creates binary content in
> the error log?

It's normal in debug log. It's garbage in memory.

Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/